Sunday 24 January 2010

24 Jan 2010



Day 24:
I know, I know... I'm breaking my own rules by posting two photos for today, but I really feel both are warranted due to changing weather conditions. After going out to explore this location several nights ago when fog was predicted (see 18 Jan), I returned to this spot by the Tamar River (which is what divides Devon and Cornwall) this morning as there was the fog predicted again. In fact, the fog ended up lasting much longer than the forecast had said. The fog was so thick that it was barely possible to see the bridge at times, but when the fog cleared away, it left a striking image of the two bridges (the Brunel Rail Bridge built in 1859 and the Tamar Road Bridge built in 1961 [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tamar_Bridge]). I ended up spending ~4.5 hours in and around this location, including walking across the bridge over to Saltash where I found a cafe and had a bacon and cheese sandwich before coming back across. Definitely wonderful views from up there. It would be even better if I was tall enough to see over the safety fence!

No comments:

Post a Comment