Monday 25 January 2010

25 Jan 2010


Day 25:
Well, again... this is sort of a cheater photo, but it was simply too good to not have in this blog... besides, you all got 2-for-1 yesterday! Speaking of yesterday, that's exactly when this photo was taken as the sun was setting over The Hoe (Plymouth waterfront) last night. I was all preoccupied with the sky turning all sorts of lovely colours to the west, that I somewhat neglected what was going on to the east of me (what you see here). This was the last photo that I took of the day and I didn't even know how good it was until I got home and had a look on the computer. All of the lights around the Marine Biological Association (building in the background) turned out perfectly with star patterns (that was a complete fluke as I didn't see this through the viewfinder) and the colour of Smeaton's Tower (the lighthouse in the foreground) set the night sky was simply stunning. Originally built out on the Eddystone (about 14 miles off the coast of Plymouth) in 1759, it was dismantled and relocated to the Hoe shortly after 1877 as the sea began to undermine its foundation [http://www.eddystoneeel.com/LIGHTHOUSE%20HISTORY.htm]. Even after living here for 3.5 years, I still haven't been up in the lighthouse, despite it being open to the public nearly every day. Guess I've got to try and cross something else off of my list of things to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment