Thursday 25 March 2010

25 March 2010

Day 84:
To help build further social (and hopefully professional) ties to the Marine Biological Association, I am considered to be the student liason between MBERC (Marine Biology & Ecology Research Centre) at the university and the MBA. It was announced a few months ago that a Murder Mystery evening was being planned at the MBA to help raise funds for the Common Room. After sending out a few of my own announcements, I was able to get together a small team from MBERC (me, Emma, Andy, Giulio, Tricky and Sarah) to make a showing on the night. What I hadn't planned on is being in the cast until someone dropped out the day before and they needed someone to take the part. I volunteered to play Idmire M. Nees, a rags to riches showgirl, who turned out to be the abandoned daughter of the murdered cook. I hadn't had my thespian hat on since high school (and a bit with the Rain City Rugcutters performance dance team) and it was sooo much fun acting again and really getting into character. I think that I even surprised a few people with how well I did!  Brilliant fun indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment