Wednesday 24 March 2010

24 March 2010

Day 83:
After another late night home and in bed, I had a very long day in the CT room taking seagrass measurements (photosynthesis & growth), in addition to a water change. Fortunately, one of the undergrads I had worked with before got in touch and asked if I needed any help, which was a blessing in disguise. I still didn't finish until after 6pm, but hey, that was WAY better than the previous week.

So, you're probably wondering what on earth this HUGE beetle has to do with all of that by now. Well, nothing quite frankly! I didn't manage to take a photo on this day, so instead I am treating to one that I took that Friday while I was demonstrating for the final time on the terrestrial invertebrate course. This is from one of the collections put out for students to look at and it's one I found myself drawn to simply because of its size compared to most all of the others! Can you imagine finding this roaming around in your back garden??? That would be ACE!

No comments:

Post a Comment