Saturday 20 March 2010

20 March 2010

Day 79:
On the official first day of spring I arrived in Roscoff after a peaceful 6.5 hour sleep on the ferry across from Plymouth. Unfortunately, the weather was anything but spring-like. :-(  Ah well, I should be used to it by now I hear you say.  Guess I was hoping that visiting just that much further south would have meant more sun and warmth. However, with that part of France sticking straight out into the Atlantic Ocean without shelter from any large landmasses, the weather can be just as bad and changeable as in Plymouth! It didn't deter Anna and I though... we still managed to get out and visit the town and take a trip over to Ile de Batz,  a small island to the north of Roscoff that can be reached by a foot ferry. I hope that someday I get to see Roscoff under sunny skies. Can you imagine the colour of the water then if it is already tropical in appearance under grey clouds???

No comments:

Post a Comment