Sunday 21 February 2010

21 Feb 2010

Day 52:
Today's weather wasn't nearly as nice as yesterday, but it wasn't too bad on the whole... and at least it wasn't raining. I decided to take a trip over to Royal William Yard (RWY) in Stonehouse (not all that far from where I live) to have a proper wander round. Although I have been to RWY before, I never explored as much as I would have liked to and so today was all about correcting that.  :-) RWY, covering 16 acres along the Plymouth waterfront, was built in the early 1800's under the rule of King George the IV and was later turned into a Victualling Yard in the 1830's (a complex of buildings with the purpose of providing and storing food and drink supplies, especially for the navy). For more info about Royal William Yard, check out this website: http://www.plymouthdata.info/RoyalWilliamYard.htm. In a few years time (or less!), I imagine this will really be a bustling part of town as restaurants and bars settle in to their new digs.

No comments:

Post a Comment