Friday 19 February 2010

19 Feb 2010

Day 50:
With a fair number of my friends out of town for a conference in the US, I was happy to have the luxury of heading home after uni to make some dinner and then sit and catch up on all of the Winter Olympics action. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the Winter Olympics and had originally planned on being in Vancouver for them to celebrate my birthday, but alas, plans changed and then fell through entirely so I am stuck watching them on the BBC. Coverage in the UK is very different to the US and it has been an interesting experience seeing them from a different country's perspective. However, it must be said that the BBC has been annoying me to death by mostly only showing curling matches during my waking hours with all of the good stuff on during the middle of the night.  :-S  So, this has meant trying to catch up on the sports that I am interested in via the BBC iPlayer on the computer. Now that doesn't sound too bad in itself, but there's no way to know where the sport is that you want to watch in the 6+ hours of coverage per day so it means a lot of skipping around to try and find the right bits. Snowboarding is one of my favourite events to watch and when you have a champion like Shaun White (go Team USA) winning the men's halfpipe, that is some seriously exciting stuff and DEFINITELY worth staying up late for!!

No comments:

Post a Comment