Monday 15 February 2010

15 Feb 2010

Day 46:
Monday, Monday... yes, I am truly wondering where time goes! After such a lovely birthday weekend it was back to uni to start culturing. Easing in to the day, I finally made it in to uni around 11am, but all that meant was that I was going to have to try and squeeze in a whole lot of work into less time. Finally getting it together, I visited the microbiologists on the 3rd floor to make up my agar, and later, after autoclaving, pour my plates. That is what I had hoped to take a photo of, but unfortunately I forgot to bring the camera down with me. However, while my agar was autoclaving, I had to do yet another seawater change in my tanks in the CT room. The water is bitter cold (about 9ÂșC) and after dunking my hand and arm in a couple of tanks, they are on fire from the cold! Funny though... I did notice that while working in one of the tanks my hand accumulated loads of air bubbles, partly due to the air stone in the tank, but I think it may also be party due to air trapped around my hair folicles. Needless to say I thought that it was pretty cool and it helped to take my mind off of the pain!

No comments:

Post a Comment