Thursday 21 January 2010

21 Jan 2010


Day 21:
The weather is a HUGE topic in the UK. Everyone loves to talk about it, complain about it and muse over the weather here. All for good reason I can tell you, especially as the UK is simply an island just sitting out in the North Atlantic and is subjected to the remnants of hurricanes from the SW, cold Siberian winds from the NE and occasionally a blast of heat from African high pressure systems that creep northwards. Sadly, today was not one of those hot, high pressure days. After a good run of sunshine over the last few weeks (well, not completely snow and rain free, but lots of sun for Plymouth at this time of the year), the rain has returned and looks like it will be sticking around for at least the next few days, although there be a short respite from the dreariness tomorrow morning/afternoon. I decided to try out my new lens (F/1.8 50mm prime) on my DLSR to capture this image. It all worked out better than I expected just playing around and I was definitely glad to be on the inside looking out!

No comments:

Post a Comment