Monday 18 January 2010

18 Jan 2010


Day 18:
After living in Plymouth for the last 3.5 years, I FINALLY have managed to find and drive to the road that takes you down by the Tamar River and practically under the bridges, the rail bridge, built by I. Brunel in 1859 (less illuminated in the front) and the Tamar vehicle bridge built in 1961. With the promise of fog for tonight, I headed out the door equipped with my tripod, cabled shutter release switch and camera. I thought that I was finally gonna get that magical shot where the bridge appears to be floating on clouds. This was not to be my lucky night. :-( After the fog lingered around Plymouth ALL day while I was stuck indoors, it finally lifted earlier this evening. Poo. I can't say that it was all bad though on this beautiful winter's evening because just seeing the lights reflected off the still water was magical enough for me, in addition to finally discovering how to get down by the water's edge...  Look for more of the bridges in the future. The challenge has been set!

No comments:

Post a Comment