Saturday 28 August 2010

28 Aug 2010

Day 240:
Today was the day that I came off of my medication (beta blockers) in preparation for my heart surgery. Not wanting to tempt fate and set my heart off into palpitations, I decided to stay home despite the gorgeous weather. So, taking it easy, I headed out to the terrace and worked on my tan. While out there, I spent a lot of time thinking about my legs and what it would be like to be in my mother's shoes, so to speak, as she had her left leg amputated on the 25th. It was hard not to cry...

2 comments:

  1. Oh,I didn't know about your mom's surgery! Thinking about you and her. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks chica! I'll be headed back to KS on the 23rd for 1.5 weeks to spend some time with her, as will my sister. Hopefully this will give her inspiration and determination to live and embrace using a prosthetic.

    ReplyDelete