Saturday 21 August 2010

21 Aug 2010

Day 233:
Well, as I was sitting here working on updating this blog, I was listening to KEXP on my internet radio and practically fell out of my chair when I heard New Model Army on the RADIO, during prime time Saturday no less!!!  The song played was "Understand U". Not their best one, but I'll take it! I was so shocked that I immediately emailed the dj and told him that I had just seen them the night before and that they were on stage right at that moment at Beautiful Days Festival, which he relayed on air! If you fancy a listen in the next 2 weeks, go to KEXP's website (http://www.kexp.org/streamarchive/streamarchive.asp), choose Stevie Zoom as the host, select 21 Aug as the date and you'll find the song at about 1:53pm.  :-)  His comments come later (after the 2nd set of of music following NMA), but he was totally excited that I had emailed him that info!

Might have to start pledging my financial support to KEXP again (seeing that they are my favourite radio station) now that they have FINALLY played some NMA, which I asked them to do years ago to help generate interest in the band while they were touring in the US.

No comments:

Post a Comment