Saturday 22 May 2010

22 May 2010

Day 142:
I'm on a mission. My mission is to complete the entire SW Coast Path by the time I hand in my thesis next September.... all 630 miles of it! So, this year I am trying to put as many miles under my boots as possible. With that in mind, I planned an day trip out to the Penwith Peninsula with Jennie, Nicolas and Sarah to do a walk from Porthcurno to Penzance (about 12.5 miles). It was a fabulous day, lovely and warm, with the most wonderful scenery! Yes, there were lots of ups and downs along the way, but worth every struggling moment of it.  :-)  Unfortunately we didn't quite make it back to Penzance, but instead to Mousehole, cutting off about 2 miles of the walk along the seafront. The photo is a taken shortly after we started the walk from just to the north of Porthcurno looking out towards Logan Rock. And yes, the sea is really that colour!

No comments:

Post a Comment