Wednesday 12 May 2010

12 May 2010

Day 132:
They say a picture is worth a thousand words, but I think this one worth a £60 speeding ticket, 3 points on my license for 3 years, a tank of fuel to drive up and back to Bristol airport and a missed afternoon of work. Yep, after getting over to Saltram House (National Trust property where Prideand it not opening to the public until 12pm, I ended up taking Josh, Shannon and Greg further afield visiting Wembury Beach and on out to Bolberry Down in South Devon. I knew the timing would be close getting back to town, but didn't realise just how close (and yet how far). Due to road closures and slow 'Sunday' drivers, stupid construction workers blocking the drive, I missed getting Josh and Shannon back to the rail station on time so they missed their train, while racking up a speeding ticket on the way back in to town.  PANTS! At least Greg made his train ok, so that was something. To make up for my miscalculation and the world conspiring against us, I ending up driving them up to the Bristol airport and on the way came across a terrible crash on the M5 (heading opposite direction to us) involving lots of dead farm animals strewn across the road (no shit!). So, although it turned into a very expensive day out, it was still a beautiful morning with good friends.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment