Monday 5 April 2010

5 April 2010

Day 95:
Today was a Bank Holiday Monday, so it was another very quiet day at uni with only 3 of us in working, but after taking care of all of the necessary things at uni, I left early to head outside as the sun had come out and I was jonesing for more vitamin D. I decided to stay somewhere more local so that I could do as much walking as possible considering I wouldn't get on the trail until 3pm. I chose to complete the part of the SW coast path near The Warren and Noss Mayo. The SW Coast Path had a very different character along this stretch due to it being made into a carriage way in the 1800's for Lord Revelstoke to impress his guests. As you can in in this photo, it almost looks like a proper road and it stretches for 9 miles in much the same manner, but I only walked a ~4 mile stretch of it from The Warren down into Noss Mayo.


For more info about Lord Revelstoke, check this out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Baring,_1st_Baron_Revelstoke.  I didn't realise that the city in British Columbia had been renamed in his honour since he saved the Canadian Pacific Railway from bankruptcy. So, not only have I now been to where he lived, but also to the city he saved.

No comments:

Post a Comment