Wednesday 28 April 2010

28 April 2010

Day 118:
It was finally time to say goodbye to the fish that Ann and I rescued last April from my experimental tanks in the CT room. Before taking them back to Salcombe, I had to try and grab a few quick photos of my 'children', including the crinkled one! Once we got out to Salcombe and into the water, release was imminent. I stuck my mask on and my snorkel in my mouth to watch them swim one by one out of the plastic bag. Unfortunately the viz was TERRIBLE and the poor little creatures didn't really know what to do with themselves. So, they hung around us for a few minutes, even letting me touch them with my hands, but we had to get to work and turned away from our little friends. I hope they continue to survive out in that great big sea....

No comments:

Post a Comment