Saturday 27 March 2010

27 March 2010

Day 86:
After a very late start to the day due to getting to sleep at nearly 4am the night before, I was going to be quite content spending the day at home taking care of things and just pottering around the house while trying to regain my wits after the previous day. And then I heard my phone go... I had received a text. It was my mate Emma (Ransome) asking if I wanted to go for a walk this afternoon either at Mt. Edgecumbe or Whitsand Bay. The pull of being outdoors and getting some fresh air was stronger than staying in, despite the threatening looking clouds moving overhead. Once the girls (Katie and Emma) finally found where I live, we picked up Tristin and his girlfriend Mirim and headed off to Mt. Edgecumbe. We never expected to find a woodland FULL of the MOST AMAZING daffodils in bloom, but my oh my, what a treat for the eyes!!  Simply stunning, especially as the light was filtering through the trees. If any of you are near some woodlands of your own in the UK, now is the time to go!!  In a few weeks this scene will change once again and instead of seeing the lovely yellows of the daffodils, the woodland floor will be carpeted in bluebells!

No comments:

Post a Comment