Thursday 11 March 2010

12 March 2010

Day 71:
Ah, Biology 1003... terrestrial invertebrates! Considering I haven't looked at, or really even thought about this group of organisms since last year, it made today quite challenging to get back up to speed. However, after a few hours (essentially the morning session), I was feeling a little more comfortable with helping the students. My favourite group of animals that were put out for the students to identify were of course, the butterflies! So many of the mounted specimens reminded me of so many of my coastal walks last spring and summer. Just seeing them made me even more excited for the arrival of spring and all of the glorious weather that will hopefully continue. Let's hope that the coldest winter in 30 some odd years won't hamper the flowers too much so that all of the bees and butterflies have something to eat when they arrive back on British shores.

No comments:

Post a Comment