Wednesday 6 January 2010

6 Jan 2010


Day 6:
After a blizzard of snow in Plymouth during the early morning hours, the sun returned by the late morning/early afternoon to melt most of the snow. However, more clouds rolled in and a shorter snow storm occurred in the early afternoon and I went out searching for an ideal spot to photograph since I had taken a 'snow day'.

After living in Stoke for nearly 3 years, I'd never visited Stoke Damerel Parish Church (practically at the bottom of my road) until today, which I discovered is the oldest church in the Plymouth area. It had quite the unusual cemetery in that most of the tombstones were now being used as flagging stones for the pavement. This was done in the late 1970's when the cemetery was converted to an open public space. For more info about the church, check out their website: http://www.stoke-damerel-church.co.uk/content/stoke_damerel/church_building/history.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment