Tuesday 12 January 2010

12 Jan 2010


Day 12:
Practically every day I walk under an old Victorian rail bridge on my way to and from uni. Most of the time I find myself complaining to myself about how narrow the pavement becomes while walking underneath it simply because there are generally other people walking the opposite direction and there really isn't room for more than one person to remain safely on the pavement at any given time. If it has been raining, which in Plymouth it does quite frequently, there are also drips that seep through the 'ceiling' and somehow always manage to fall on me. Today however, once safely to the other side, I decided to step slightly off the pavement to inspect this rail bridge more closely. This was mostly due in part to my curiosity to explore the 'other' rail bridge (or at least I think that's what purpose it served), behind the one currently in use that now seems to be a public 'sculpture' of some description. As I started walking to the 'folly' I turned to my left and saw this perfect set of arches on the bend. Funny how things seemingly so mundane and part of every day life can capture one's imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment